The Cemetery Trustees are responsible for maintaining the town’s three cemeteries:
- Maplewood Cemetery in the Lower Village (includes Pet Cemetery in back corner),
- Huntington Center Cemetery, and the
- Hanksville Cemetery.
All three are conveniently located on the Main Road. Only Maplewood Cemetery is still active. In 2009, the third phase of a three-phase restoration was completed in Maplewood.
People wishing to purchase a cemetery lot or make arrangements for a burial or interment can contact Spencer Hill at 434-4223.
Meetings: Trustees meet as needed. Notices of meetings are posted in 3 places in Huntington at least 5 days prior to a meeting.
Cemetery Regulations (642 KB)pdf
Cemetery Trustees (5 year terms)
- Troy Liberty (appointed July 2, 2018, term expires 2019)
- Owen Rachampbell (term expires 2021)
- Terry Boyle (term expires 2020)
- Heidi Racht (term expires 2022)
- Paula Kelley (term expires 2023)