The Board of Trustees of the Huntington Public Library is elected by the voters to be responsible for one of the town’s most visible and enriching municipal services: the lovely town library located in the Union Meeting House in the Lower Village. This building, lovingly restored by volunteers, is on the National Register of Historic Places. Having spent over a decade as a Board that worked to renovate the old, unoccupied building that had been one of the two Baptist churches in the town, the five elected Trustees now oversee the facility, also working with the Library Director and Assistant Director on policy, programs and budgets.
Library Board of Trustees Members :
- Paula Kelley (Chair) (term expires 2026)
- Karen Gonnet (term expires 2024)
- Lorrie Richland (term expires 2024)
- Heidi Racht (term expires 2025)
- Alan Homans (term expires 2025)
Library Trustees Documents