SPECIAL TOWN ADMINSITRATION NEWS
Emergency Resources Available During Power Outages: If hazardous winter weather knocks out your power, we are ready to open the doors of the Town’s emergency shelter located at the Community Church of Huntington’s annex (4910 Main Road – next to the Town Office).
Whether you’d just like a warm and friendly place to hang out during the day, want to read, play some games or visit with neighbors, use our WiFi, kitchen or shower facilities, need a place to sleep, or want to fill up your buckets with clean water, we’re here to help. If the door to the annex isn’t already open, just stop by the Town Office or give one of the shelter coordinators a call and we’ll be happy to get you set up
When winter storms hit, it would be great if you could check to make sure your neighbors are okay – and please help spread the word about this community resource to those who may not know it’s available. Thank you.
Please call one of Huntington’s Emergency Shelter Coordinators to learn more or to find out how you can help. Here’s to a cozy and safe winter for all Huntington residents!
- Barbara Elliott (Daytime phone: 802-434-4779; Evening & Weekend phone: 434-5754; Address: 36 Carse Road)
- Donna Lewis (Home phone: 802-434-3155; Address: 97 Trapp Road)
- Larry Detweiler (Cell phone: 802-989-2679; Address: 5095 Main Road)
GENERAL TOWN ADMINISTRATION INFORMAITON
The Town Administrator’s primary role is to assist the Selectboard with the day to day management of the business of the Town.
The key areas of focus are:
- Legislative (matters regarding local ordinances, regulations and policies)
- Administrative (preparing and overseeing the Town budget; municipal grant writing and administration; overseeing matters related to personnel, facilities and property)
- Quasi-judicial (handling issues related to local ordinances and litigation involving the Town)
In this capacity, the Town Administrator acts as the point of contact between the Selectboard and other Town committees, boards, commissions and departments as well as with external partners including county, state, regional and federal agencies and organizations.
The Town Administrator provides administrative, fiscal and organizational assistance to support the work of Town officials, appointees, employees and volunteers. The Payroll and Accounts Payable Clerk processes all invoices and payroll activities, working closely with the Town Adminsitrator, Town Treasurer, Road Foreman, other’s who are submitting invoices for payment and with the Town’s vendors.
Town Administrator: Barbara Elliott
Payroll and Accounts Payable Clerk: Mary Keller-Butler
Office Hours: Monday through Thursday (8:00 am – 5:00 pm) Fridays by appointment
Phone: 802-434-4779 – office; 802-350-6710 – emergency beeper
Email: townhunt -at- gmavt -dot- net
Applications and Permits: