The Huntington Planning Commission is made up of 5 members. Unlike most Planning Commissions in Vermont, our members are elected, not appointed. The Commission is responsible for the creation of planning and regulatory documents in town. It is a visionary Board. Specifically, the Commission is authorized to:
- Prepare and present the Zoning Regulations and Subdivision Regulations
- Collect data, conduct studies, produce reports and organize information regarding the land use, development and planning in the Town of Huntington
- Prepare and submit for approval the Huntington Town Plan
- Draft proposed town regulations and submit for adoption
- Study planning issues and make recommendations to the Selectboard
- The Commission works with the Zoning Administrative Officer (formerly called the Zoning Administrator) who issues building permits and the Development Review Board (DRB) which holds subdivision review, conditional use hearings and variances to zoning and subdivision regulations.
Members of the Planning Commission:
Adam Miller, Chair (term expires 2023)
Joe Segale, Assistant chair (term expires 2024)
OPEN (3-year term expires 2024; appointment to March 1, 2022 then run for office)
Caitlin Jenness (term expires 2022)
Isaac Lawrence (term expires 2022)
Heidi Racht (Clerk)
Meetings are held remotely via Zoom, during COVID.
The Planning Commission meets the second and fourth Mondays of each month.
Start Time: 7 pm
Location: Huntington Town Clerk’s Office, when not in a pandemic.