The Huntington Planning Commission is made up of 5 members. Unlike most Planning Commissions in Vermont, our members are elected, not appointed. The Commission is responsible for the creation of planning and regulatory documents in town. It is a visionary Board. Specifically, the Commission is authorized to:
- Prepare and present the Zoning Regulations and Subdivision Regulations
- Collect data, conduct studies, produce reports and organize information regarding the land use, development and planning in the Town of Huntington
- Prepare and submit for approval the Huntington Town Plan
- Draft proposed town regulations and submit for adoption
- Study planning issues and make recommendations to the Selectboard
- The Commission works with the Zoning Administrative Officer (formerly called the Zoning Administrator) who issues building permits and the Development Review Board (DRB) which holds subdivision review, conditional use hearings and variances to zoning and subdivision regulations.
The Planning Commission meets the second and fourth Mondays of each month.
Start Time: 7 pm