4930 Main Road, Huntington, VT 05462 – See map in the right sidebar –>
MUNICIPAL BUILDINGS ARE NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. Call ahead for appointments (see phone numbers below). Information on doing business with the Town Clerk’s office is located on the page below.

For a list of current municipal meetings with dates, times and remote access links click here.

Town Clerk / Treasurer  : 802-434-2032
Listers: 802-434-5783
Highway / Town Garage: 802-434-2710
Town Administrator / Selectboard / NON-emergency Fire Department: 802-434-4779

For the March 2, 2021 Election Results, click here.

On Mon., February 22, 2021 at 7 PM the Huntington Selectboard will hold a public meeting via remote access (https://zoom.us/j/93112598936?pwd=RDhDSWNESXpPRmJ1ODdpZ0QwSXFrQT09) to discuss the conveyance of the perpetual easement on, over, through and across the Town Recreation & Garage roadway and the Town Recreation Field for ingress & egress to a parcel of land adjacent to the Town Recreational Field. For a full copy of the notice, click here.

Town News

We are pleased to announce that Keith Oborne has accepted our appointment offer as part-time Zoning Administrative Officer (ZAO). Keith’s office hours are on Wednesdays from 9am – 1pm. He can be reached by phone at 434-3557 or email at huntingtonzoning@gmavt.net. Keith will administer and enforce zoning, subdivision and flood hazard regulations and provide professional and staff support to the Planning Commission and Development Review Board. The ZAO job description is available here.

All Huntington town roads (paved & gravel) are posted with weight restrictions effective 3/1/2021 until further notice. All exceptions require prior special approval from Road Foreman Yogi Alger, who can be reached at the Town Garage @ 434-2710 or by pager @ 350-8348.

Registration will again be done through the mail, due to the office being closed to the public during the pandemic. $13.50 for a spayed or neutered dog or $19.50 for a dog that is euphemistically called intact. Licenses are good through April 1, 2022. Residents can register their dogs by mailing in their checks and new rabies certificates, if appropriate. Here is a link for an application to fill out and mail in or drop off. There is a drop slot next to the front door. You can send an email or call for details about whether the current rabies certificate is on file here. Your tags and registration will be mailed back to you. Stop in another time with your dog – we love to have canine – and human – visitors when we are again open to the public.

Cell Tower Report available
Link to document presented to the Huntington Planning Commission at its meeting on January 25, 2021. Click here. A copy of the Selectboard and Planning Commission joint letter to the Public Utility Commission is available here.

Campfires 30″ or less in diameter do not need a burn permit, but for all other outdoor fires (other than 30″ or less campfires) you must first have a permit from Fire Warden Ken Russin, who can be reached at 434-2389 (or by paging him at 350-7818).

The Town Clerk’s office is closed to the public. The front door, which is the entrance to the office,  is locked. You can contact Heidi Racht for appointments or more information at the office (434-2032), at her home (434-2690), or by email at huntingtonclerk@gmavt.net.

Tentatively scheduled for March 27, 2021,9 am to noon, Huntington Town Garage.

Many of the application documents you need to do business with this office are located on this website. If you cannot find them easily, call the office and they can be emailed to you.

MARRIAGE LICENSES: You can find the application form online and email it to the Town Clerk. As is the usual practice, you will be sent a proof. We will need to talk and sent up a time to meet and sign the document.

BIRTH AND DEATH CERTIFICATES: Certified vital records can be ordered by downloading the form. You can find the application form online and email it to the office. It remains $10 for the certified copy, which is set by statute. We will talk about how to get this to you.

CAR REGISTRATION RENEWALS: Call for an appointment and we will meet on the front porch to do the paperwork.

NOTARY PUBLIC: Call for an appointment. We will do this outside on the front porch of the office, but not on a rainy day.

VOTER REGISTRATION: Voter registration can be done online at http://olvr.sec.state.vt.us

The office is not open to the public for research, except if you are an attorney doing a 40-year search to transfer property to an non-affiliated owner.  In the meantime, we will do our best to assist you.

1. Available,  by request,  indices of Grantors and Grantees from 2004 to January 31, 2021. Each document is in PDF form and is 551 pages. Heidi has already sent these via email to attorneys and other professionals, who are on her list. These documents can be emailed at no cost. You might want to consider saving us all some time by being on the email list since you will get notice of closures and other relevant office news.  You can also so click here to download the latest version.
2. Any land records requests will require book and page. The documents can be emailed, along with an invoice.$1 per page, usual rate.
3. The Town Clerk’s Office has  Listers’ Cards, which can be emailed to you. Listers’ Cards are $1 per page, and this is the regular rate.
5. As part of the research packet, the Town Clerk can also email you a copy of a tax bill with the other documents. $1.

We are working very hard to make the Huntington Town Clerk’s and Treasurer’s Office available to those who need access but we need your cooperation and understanding. First and foremost at this very unsettling time is the health, safety and well-being of each other with the ultimate goal of all getting through this together. Thanks very much!

The Huntington Public Library was closed to the public by the Board of Trustees on March 12. However, you can still take out books and access e-books and audiobooks at no cost through the ListenUp Vermont. Now is a great time for getting into a good book. Click here for details.

A map has been created by the Huntington Conservation Commission that shows existing informal walking paths on the land that the town voted to purchase for the new Huntington Town Community Forest in Huntington Center. You can park at the school and walk in through the back. Click here for the link to the map. Enjoy your walk!

If you are unable to find your property tax bill mailed in July 2020, contact the Treasurer’s Office. Email  huntingtontreasurer@gmavt.net  for tax information, which can be return-emailed to you. Please provide name of property owner on April 1, 2020. You can also get a statement of taxes paid for 2020 to complete your Vermont taxes (after December 31, 2020).

9-1-1 SIGNS
The green reflective signs with your 9-1-1 address are available at the Huntington Town Clerk’s Office. The cost is $10 and they are made to order. The proceeds from the sale of these signs go directly to Huntington First Response/Fire Department.

Our emergency shelter at the Church in Huntington Center is available if you need access to clean water, showers, heat, cooking facilities, etc. If the church is locked & the lights are off, call Barbara Elliott at 434-5754 or page 350-6710 and we will be happy to meet you there!

School News

BREWSTER-PIERCE SCHOOL IS COLLECTING BOXTOPS FOR EDUCATION – When you purchase certain cereals, soup or other products at the local store, check the label. If there is a small emblem on the box top or on the side of the can, cut it out to give to the Partners in Education at Brewster-Pierce School. Each little emblem is worth ten cents when they are sent in (December and April). Drop off at the school or the Town Clerk’s Office. To read more about the program, click here for Box tops.