The Huntington Selectboard is made up of five elected members. The board is the central point of Huntington’s local town government and is responsible for the general supervision of the town’s affairs. The Selectboard as a whole acts as the official legal representative for the town, and performs three main functions.
- To enact town ordinances, regulations, and policies;
- To prepare and present a town budget and tax rate for the town, as well as oversee all town expenditures, supervision of personnel and town property;
- Additional responsibilities include: appointing members of various town committees, approving driveway permits, and assisting with elections and property tax appeals.
The Selectboard usually meets on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month. Meeting days may be adjusted based on holidays and in instances when a quorum of Selectboard members will not be able to attend on the regularly scheduled day. Special meetings will be held as needed and as duly warned.
Check the website calendar for details
Start time: 7 pm
Location: Huntington Town Office, lower floor
- Dori Barton -Chair (3 year term, expires 2023)
- Larry Haskins Jr (2 year term, expires 2021)
- Roman Livak (3 year term, expires 2022)
- Everett Lewis Jr Vice-Chair (2 year term, expires 2022)
- Landel Cochran – Vice Chair (three-year term, expires 2021)